Life As We Know It

Life As We Know It

Saturday, June 19, 2010

Beach trips

It seems each time you have another child you measure success in terms of outings for example "1st time grocery shopping with two kids, etc"  And now that Joel is walking it seems like I'm doing things all over again for the first time.  It adds a whole other dynamic when I have one child on the monkey bars wanting help and another child running in the opposite direction. Thursday I accomplished another outing - the beach.  And to top it off a playground on the beach.  A few friends and I were going to go to this new playground they just opened up at 2nd street and it ended up being Laura and I with 5 kids 4 and under.  She had 3 kids to keep track of - at least one of them was mobile yet.  This playground was amazing. Definitely one we will go again. And they have that soft plastic under the playground which is great for playing on.  It was really interactive and Colin and Joel loved being able to play on so many things.  And its also a short walk to the ocean from the beach.  And with two young kids is great.  I'm glad Laura was with me because we were able to tag team watching the big kids and watching the babies.  We made the kids wear life jackets the whole time and Joel even ventured towards the water more and more and towards the end wanted to get waist deep. Colin rode some waves in and had a blast.   It was fun and I'm sure we'll be going back for more soon. 
And then my dear friend Rachel Ball is in town and we went to meet her at the beach this morning.  Rachel was in my bible study in West Virginia and I just love her. She is the sweetest person I know.  Rachel is always so encouraging, always so sweet and I don't think has ever said a mean thing about anyone.  Brent and I were so excited to get to spend some time with her - and Rachel next time it needs to be longer!!! Everyone needs to have a friend like Rachel.  I tried to convince her to come down here and teach Colin next year so we'll see :) 
Is was great catching up and the boys had fun playing in the water.  Colin made friends with some kids there.  Its so easy for kids to make friends.
Joel was happy watching the water
Then i think the water came up a little too fast for him. haha

2 comments:

k.oldt said...

what a great family picture!!!

Julie said...

i agree, great family shot... that park sounds great. I want to go there next time we are in town. Jasper was watching me while I was reading this and he kept saying "I play with them?"