Life As We Know It

Life As We Know It

Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Brotherly love

These boys really love each other.  Even after Joel get wrestled to the ground over and over and Colin's legos get knocked down for the 10th time, they still love to hug and kiss each other.  Colin even prayed the other night that Joel would have Jesus in his heart too.  It was a really sweet prayer and at one point he said "God baby Joel is the best baby and very very good. Please let him go to heaven too." (lately every night Colin asks brent and I questions about heaven. They are good questions and he's really thinking about this which is neat to see. And humbling too to see childlike faith.) But we talked after how you do get to heaven and that as a big brother he can teach Joel all about Jesus so that one day baby Joel can ask Jesus to live in his heart too.  And I do pray that these boys would teach each other about God and help each other grow deeper in their relationship with the Lord (as a side note the other day colin asked me why I prayed to the Lord and not to God or Jesus! ha!)  In fact as I'm writing this Colin walked into the room and saw his lego construction site all knocked down and as he started to cry Joel ran over (or really toddled very very fast!) and gave him a great big hug.  Colin is now laughing.  And all is well again.

1 comment:

Julie said...

that is so awesome. What a precious heart. I love that my boys love each other too. It is really fun raising boys/brothers. I was shocked when my friend told me that her 4 & 6 year old boys almost got into a full blown fight the other day. It was so strange for me to hear. I cannot imagine that with my boys. I love that they love each other too. Such a blessing.