Life As We Know It

Life As We Know It

Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Mothers day

On Mothers Day we had Joel's baby dedication.  You can view it here. (we're one of the last families) Joel is a ham and really wanted the mic :)

We were asked to pick a verse and our prayer for our boys is Ephesians 3:17-19.
Our prayer is that these boys grasp His love early in life and to be filled to the measure of the fullness of God.  The greatest gift they will ever receive.  When I explained what we were going to do to Colin he really wanted to go up and couldn't wait since he wanted everyone to know that Joel's big brother would tell him about God and protect him too. 

And for fun this picture is from Colin's baby dedication almost 4 years ago.


Then after church we headed across the water to my parents house and I think for the first time in a year and last time for maybe the next few years we had all my sisters and brother there.  James and Angela leave soon for Japan and it was the last time we'll see them for a long time (unless this family christmas in hawaii actually works out - which we're hoping!)   Sarah has some family pictures that i'd love to get from her but the boys had a blast. My grandparents and uncle jeff were also there for lunch.  Colin was in rare form as he 'transformed' himself into a snake in the shed and then slithered out all the way to the patio.  He made Angela his baby and told baby and AJ to stay in the woods the whole time.  Then he had something about Arizona land that he kept talking about.  haha it was great.  He's so funny.  A busy but very fun day.  Colin was asleep before we got down the street and Joel kept babbling the whole way home and looking at Colin wondering why he was sleeping. 
Joel and my grandpa.  I know its a little blury but I love this picture of them

Colin and his Great Uncle Jeff (and yes even before Colin & Joel he has always been a great uncle)

1 comment:

Julie said...

Oh I wish that I could have been there. We haven't dedicated Jasper... I wonder if we should have. hmmm we were at a hungarian church at the time that we were not sure if we were going to stay at, and we didn't.