Life As We Know It

Life As We Know It

Sunday, November 22, 2009

When I grow up


Colin will tell you when he grows up he wants to be an astronaut. He loves his outer space books and can tell you random facts about all the planets.  I've been wanting to take him to the Air and Space Museum so on Friday we went. I had never been to the new building - I had only gone when it was at NASA and we'd go visit my dad for lunch.  So I was excited to check it out.  I had read that there was an exhibit open where you could try on a space suit and touch a moon rock...only when I asked about it the person at the front desk didn't know anything about it.  I just looked at the website and it was this weekend - the whole exhibit was open but the actual space suit demo was sat and sun. OH well.  Colin had a great time and it was the perfect time to go.  There was maybe 20 people in the whole museum so we got to take our time and Colin fell in love with this airplane they had. It was the whole airplane and Colin had fun sitting in all the seats and really loved playing in the cockpit. We played in that cockpit for HOURS.  At least 2. And since we had the whole place to himself he just played and pretended to fly us everywhere.  I tried not to think about all the kids whose hands have touched the levers and buttons and kepts sanitizing the boys hands.

I think if he was a little older the museum would be perfect because they have so many neat hands on exhibits. But the velocity of the wind and all those factors are lost on him. He just liked to push the buttons and make the wind tunnels go. 


Joel woke up a little afraid of where he was.  He woke up when we were in the Mars exhibit!   He wasn't to sure about where he was but he also loved the airplane cockpit and wanted to touch everything. Colin loved telling his little brother all about the airplane and planets hanging from the ceiling.

It was fun and I'm sure we will go back, especially when the boys get older.

2 comments:

Angela said...

I have a picture in that flight suit with all of the bridesmaids in Cathy's wedding! It was a beautiful place for a wedding! :)

Brent and Abigail said...

Okay... if you look at the second picture of Colin and DON'T laugh out loud when you see that extra hand of the astronaut holding the sippee cup!!! How funny!

Brent