Life As We Know It

Life As We Know It

Sunday, November 08, 2009

Tot Trot



This post will have a lot of pictures but I think the pictures tell the story so much better.  Yesterday we went to watch Colin in his first race.  He loves to race us around the yard and wanted to run in a real race.  He kept asking so I signed him up for a tot trot.  Kids 6 & Under ran 100 yard dash.  I wasn't sure he was ready for a kids mile run yet.  Colin was so excited he almost didnt sleep the night before.

When he got to the starting line he started to get a little nervous.  I love how the big kid next to him is sizing him up.

If you notice - Colin is looking at SpiderMan.He was running in the race too with the kids.

The big kid is still sizing him up. (Colin beat this kid by the way)

The race was really disorganized. They were still getting the kids lined up and ready when the dj said 1 minute to go. Well a kid heard Go and took off so the rest of the kids started running too.  Colin was still at the starting line waiting for them to say "ready set go" until I told him to run
 

He really does love to run. 

And if you notice Colin is now in SECOND place.  He had come from that far behind to almost win.  If it was any longer I think he could've taken the big boy in blue :)  He freaked out at the end because he didn't see Brent and ran back to me crying because all the people at the end cheering yelling at the kids scared him.  He was also disappointed he didn't get first place but when we told him he beat spiderman all was better.  Because you must be a fast runner if you can beat a superhero like spiderman.

  Telling Joel he beat Spiderman.  Joel was very impressed!

Ant Ant came to watch and cheer on her favorite little runner.  Colin and Joel are both sad she had to go back home this morning.


The best family picture we can get for now

It was a great morning and the after race party was amazing. All the food you could eat.  And there was crab cakes, macaroni grill food, cookies, donuts, shrimp salad, barbeque,PF changs,  you name it they had it.  Colin loved all the chocolate chip cookies and chocolate donuts. Brent just ate :) We might have even convinced Brent to run a 10K with us in the spring! he wants to do it just for the food. Colin wants to run another race and I'm glad.  I wanted him to have a good experience and I also think that coming in second was good for him to learn he doesn't always win.  Even though there's not doubt if he had started with everyone he would've won.  Thats my boy!  Keep it up and we'll be looking at a free ride to college with his scholarships! 

1 comment:

Julie said...

oh I wish that we could have been there for that. Eli is NOT a fast runner but it would have been a fun experience! I am glad for all the pictures (you know I am a huge picture person...lol) so I think that is great. I cannot wait to hang out soon!