Life As We Know It

Life As We Know It

Saturday, November 14, 2009

Us construction guys

We survived the Nor'easter we just had.  We now have a lake in our backyard and lost power for 25 hours but overall it wasn't bad.  And the best part is that our swing that my dad and I build never budged even during the 60mph winds!  Anyone want to hire us to build a swing set?  ha!  We just a lot of mess to clean up.  I am glad we got our big tree trimmed this summer :)  Brent had a few days off due to the rain and removed a wall and tried to fix a clog in our drain pipe from the washer. The clog is still there despite his attempts and Rod graciously came over in the middle of the wind and rain to help.  They are going to attempt it again tomorrow and think it could be tree roots in our drain.  But Brent and Colin removed the damaged wall and half of it is back up tonight and looks really good.  You're not goign to be able to tell there was any damage once we paint it.  I'm excited about having an excuse to paint the room since I wasn't always crazy about the paint color when we moved in.  That'll take a few nights after the kids go to bed.

Ready for demolition


 Inspecting the damage


This makes me laugh since it looks like Brent is smelling the insulation.  Dont worry he wore a mask for most of it.


My mom came by this morning and brought my bead completers to work on and had fun playing with the boys.  Joel really wanted to look at  eat this book.  Its a spider man letter book and Colin told Mama-maa that he beat spider man in a race and that makes him a super hero too.  

1 comment:

Sarah said...

I love the picture of Colin with the swine flu mask on and his fireman helmet!