Life As We Know It

Life As We Know It

Monday, November 02, 2009

dr update


We went to the doctor today for a follow up for Joel from his ER trip and we also combined his 4 month checkup in this visit too so we wouldnt have to come back in a few weeks.  Its hard to believe he will be 4 months next week.  But everyone is doing well. The doctor checked out Joel and Colin and they both have recovered very fast.  Colin still has some fluid in his ear but the doctor said that would be gone soon.  Joel got 3 shots poor guy but it didnt seem to bother him at all. Probably not as bad as what he experienced in the ER and he just smiled and charmed the nurse the whole time. I think the nurse had a harder time giving him the shots with him just smiling and cooing at her. Colin is even starting to like our doctor and just possibly starting to think all doctors aren't so bad. Since his stitches he's wanted nothing to do with them.  I'm not really wanting to see our doctors bills for the past 2 months - esp since the Tamiflu cost us $200 but it was worth it.  Good thing we made our deductible with giving birth so it'll just be a matter of dealing with the insurance which is always a pain and takes forever.
 


But Joel has also gained weight since Thursday night.  When they weighed him in the ER he was 12lbs 2oz which surprised me because at 2 months he was 12lbs 12oz.  I knew he hadn't been eating much and throwing a ton of it up but I wasn't expecting him to weigh less than he did at 2 months. But he has gained his appetite back and now weighs 14lbs 6oz.  (thanks to him wanting to eat every hour)  And thanks to him wanting to eat every hour and me also getting the swine flu my jeans feel looser this morning.  Thats one good thing that came from this! (And as a side note I think my tailbone is starting to get better. Finally. 4 months is a long time and its nice to be able to sit down again. Although I do still sit on a donut most of the time.  I have started running again and that doesnt seem to hurt and I did find a double jogging stroller someone was throwing away last week on my run, just needs a new tire, so i'm very excited about that!)


Joel has also discovered the joy of rolling over.  He can roll from his stomach to his back and now has learned how to go from his back to his stomach.  Last night we all watched as he rolled from one side of the room to the other.  Colin thought it was great last night but today when Joel reached his firetruck and started to slobber on it he thought differently.  I told Colin that any toys outside his room was fair game so we'll see how that goes.

2 comments:

Kristin said...

glad to hear everyone is getting better! rough week, eh? :) How on earth did you get such a great family pic with everyone looking at the camera? and what did you have to bribe Colin with for the sweet grin? haha very cute.

Julie said...

I agree that is a great family pic and I am so thankful you are all feeling better. What a great find in that stroller...must be the week for strollers huh? lol