Life As We Know It

Life As We Know It

Saturday, November 28, 2009

The real deal







 This morning we stopped by Southern States in Louisa to see Santa.  My mom and I took Colin to see this same Santa when he was 6 months old and he is the real deal.  Its great. He takes his time and lets the kids get used to him and really listens to the kids.  A lot of people brought their dogs and cats too to get pictures of Santa.  You can buy their professional pictures or use your own digital camera for free. So we used ours and got about 30 pictures.  You never know with kids so I kept snapping away and Santa kept telling me to take pictures so I listened to Santa!   And I love the progression of Colin and Santa.  At first he was super excited to go see Santa and then got nervous and just wanted to stand there and then Santa slowly coaxed him closer and closer until he was sitting on his lap.   Colin told Santa he wanted a blue flashlight for Christmas.  3 blue flashlights.  Thats easy enough.  I was curious what he was going to say since he has a notebook in his room that he writes his christmas list in and only he can read it!  As we were leaving Brent told me that he was glad we waited in line to see Santa (at first he was trying to talk Colin into just driving home and skipping Santa) but Brent is now a fan of the Southern States Santa. Joel loved him from the beginning.

2 comments:

Sabasue said...

that really looks like the real Santa. He DOES exist!

k.oldt said...

that is so cute, i love the progression too! can't wait to see you soon!