Life As We Know It

Life As We Know It

Tuesday, August 11, 2009

today

Today...

Started with a walk with all of us before Brent went to work and it got too hot.

Colin washed my car for me - I had to attend to a crying baby who was very upset he was put in the stroller during my attempt to wash the car (the car had not been washed since January I think)

Baby sleeps for 10 minutes.
Wakes up & cries about being put to sleep
Goes back to sleep
Wakes up after being put down & cries
Eats
Goes back to sleep
Wakes up after being put down & cries
This continues all morning but I did get to do some projects with Colin at his art table in between all this

Baby by now very overtired
Mommy overtired
Colin overtired but won't admit it

See a pattern in this? Colin even made me a PB&J sandwich since I was busy with a crying baby. The one thing that made Joel fall asleep instantly and saved the day in a way was this
video. (Click on the word video to see it - for some reason its not showing up like I wanted)

Colin likes watching it and Joel will fall asleep as soon as we put it on. And i've tried other music to dance to with him but this is the only one that works so far. Joel doesnt like to miss anything and with Colin running around all day is getting to the point where he knows its time to sleep and no matter what we do will wake up after a few minutes of being put in his bed. Unless you are holding him and I can't do that all day. And its too hot too do that too. And then you have Colin waking him up all the time ("but mommy I don't want him to sleep. He wants to watch his big brother play")

We have watched the video at least 7 times today. And why watch the video and not just listen to the song? well Colin likes watching it too and will dance around ("baby joel watch your big brother dance like this..." which we have to ooo and ahh at big brother colin's moves)

But today was also a day of lots of cooing and HUGE smiles at mommy. And I did get my car washed and lunch made for me by my 3 year old. I wasn't expecting those things done until years from now. I wonder if Colin can make us dinner tonight...

Just one of those days

and a funny moment - colin yelling to me as he's going to the kitchen "mommy I'm going to drink daddy's pee" (or really daddys TEA but it comes out as pee in his 3 year old vocabulary)

2 comments:

Nystral Djo said...

the first time i saw that video i was laughing so hard i got tears in my eyes. the wedding we went to the following day paled in comparison ;) here's hoping you get some more sleep (and the baby gets more sleep) as the week progresses...

Jen said...

okay that's so funny that this is the video that puts him to sleep...i was so not excpecting that! what a sweet boy colin is for making you lunch :) i have no doubt baby joel will be doing the same thing in a few years time :)