Life As We Know It

Life As We Know It

Saturday, August 22, 2009

more fountain fun

We posted a few weeks ago a video of Colin playing in the fountains at the Zoo. Well I found another place that has an interactive fountain so we went this week and met Kelly, RJ and Lucy. It was near Waterside in Norfolk and I hadn't been down there since high school so we got a little lost. I overheard Colin tell RJ a few times "mommy went the wrong way"But we finally made it and its so easy to get to and not too far from us. It was a beautiful day. They had a free paint your own pottery, games for kids to play and a steel drum band playing. And then the fountain turned on. Colin LOVED it. He ran around playing in it and would've stayed all day. Until he fell and then he wanted to come home. And proof that Joel was thereJoel slept most of the time. Woke up to eat and then went back to sleep

And then halfway back to the car Colin decided he wanted to stay (this after telling me he was ready to go home) He then cried the rest of the way, woke up Joel who started to cry because Colin was crying. Colin then stopped crying and then started back again because Joel was crying. It was nap time and everyone was crying. So I did what any great mom would do - took this video :) They both stopped crying when I played it back to them and they slept the whole way home. (and a disclaimer - it is rare that they both cry at the same time. Colin rarely has meltdowns like this. So it is funny to me to watch) Colin then slept 3 more hours that day and right after dinner told me he was tired and wanted to go to bed. WHAT??? This is the kid who never sleeps. We will be going back to the fountain again.

7 comments:

Auntie Angela said...

I think this blog officially makes me never want to have kids...I love them when they are fun and want to give them back when they are crying! :) Yay being an aunt! :) This video is super cute though! ;)

k.oldt said...

i love the video!!

Anonymous said...

That's funny. Reminds me of when you and Sarah would tune up together around our supper time. Angela its not that bad if it was then no one would have kids! And besides it makes for some funny videos!
Dad

Jen said...

oh my gosh! I can't believe you were so calm and actually videoed the whole thing :) you are my hero :)

Nystral Djo said...

can i tell you how much i love the sound of a new baby cry? ohhhhh......

and i would LOVE to be able to say that my little one (well, OLDER little one) rarely has melt downs, but they're pretty much par for the course. maybe it's a girl thing, b/c her little brother is MUCH more mellow.

Brent and Abigail said...

Joel is a lot more stubborn already than Colin so i think we're in for it when he starts getting older. he will loudly let you know when he's not happy so I'm afraid he will melt down a lot more but I'm hoping he follows Colin's lead.

Julie said...

oh that was too funny...only because I remember those days and I lOVE LOVE LOVE that you took a video of it. Awesome