Life As We Know It

Life As We Know It

Saturday, August 22, 2009

I'll "tect" you mommy

This morning I was going to go for a walk and Colin wanted to come with me. So we went on what we call the "loop - dee-loop" It is by the playground near our house where walking paths go in a huge circle and end up back at the playground. At the end of the loop are some HUGE MEAN dogs that scare me and I usually only go there when Brent is walking with us. They almost jumped the fence once when we were walking by. So I usually go another way at the end. But it was really fun walking with Colin and I don't think he ever stopped talking. And he had to bring his back pack filled with 2 lego men. Haha. So funny. But we got near the mean dogs house and Colin took my hand and said "don't worry mommy. I'll 'tect' you from those big dogs. Its ok. Don't be afraid. I right here next to you." And then proceeded to talk me through every step. "thats good mommy. Just keep walking. We're almost past the house. See the dogs aren't there. They sleeping. I brave and keep you safe." When we got past I told him how safe I felt with him and how brave he was and he puffed out his chest and walked a little taller. And in the picture above he is going after the flies in our garage with his flyswatter. And the swim cap makes him invisible so flies can't see him. I love my big boy Colin.

Here is Joel talking and smiling at his great grandma. We picked up my grandma while my grandpa was getting one of his treatments and Colin was very excited to go to his favorite restaurant - Chick-fil-a. "Ooo-Eee we're going to Chick-fil-a" is all my grandma heard when she got in the car. Colin played and Joel snuggled and talked to Ooo-Eee. And here is Joel protesting the fact that Colin put bunny ears on him.

1 comment:

sarah said...

all wonderful pictures! great blog posting