Life As We Know It

Life As We Know It

Sunday, March 15, 2009

uncle opie


This is a picture Colin drew of Pee-ta-pe,his Uncle Opie. I think he did a great job - the blue circle is his head and the orange lines are his arms. It even has glitter on it :) The purple and green dots are his eyes and mouth - Colin thought he'd make a "dilly" (which in colinese means silly) picture of his uncle. We may get around to mailing it to James but for now its hanging on his new art wall pictured below. Its been done for a while now I just keep forgetting to take pictures. I got so many ideas from everyone and have places all over the house where they will eventually show up (thanks and stay tuned to see your ideas on our walls!) But I went with the wire since when I went to order the magnet strips from Ikea it cost more to ship than to buy. So we'll just wait until we make a trip to Northern Va. I'm so proud since the curtain wire hangers were more than I was willing to spend, I went to Lowes and had wire cut to size and found the clips - total was $5. Its fun for Colin to hang his art work and also fun for us to look at. He is also proud of the fact he helped paint.

Here is a picture of Colin's bed. I made the bedspread and Colin from time to time ask me "you make this for me?" and love the fact that I say yes every time. It actually turned out much better than I thought. Its such a great bed for him - has huge drawers underneath. He doesn't really need the safety gate on his bed anymore but he stashes his flashlight and other toys between his bed and the white gate so he wont let us take it off. I should put more pictures of his room up too. He has such a large room which is great but to give you an idea - his bed is on one wall and his art wall is on the opposite wall. So uncle opie I hope you enjoy your portrait :)

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I think it looks just like James, Colin is going to be an artist.
~Mary

Jamie said...

LOVE the bedspread! you and Tony could totally be sewing buddies! haha! He was making stuff for his boat...I couldn't tell you the specific names of the stuff he was making.... some kind of bag and a bunch of other stuff

Michelle said...

Abigail - That quilt is beautiful! I was looking to buy something just like it for Nathan- so I am impressed! Did you make it from a pattern?

Bringing Up Boys said...

I love the new art gallery showcase! And the bedspread is lovely - so much talent in one family :).