Life As We Know It

Life As We Know It

Tuesday, March 17, 2009

3 months left

As I was looking at the calender this week I realized that we only have 3 months left before our baby comes if the doctors have their way. Where has the time gone? Its going by so fast all of a sudden. My doctor has told me that they will induce me early if everything with the baby is fine or do a csection because of my labor with Colin. And labor with Colin wasn't bad at all in the beginning. When I went in for my checkup a week before his due date they realized he was getting really big and wanted to induce that night but there were no hospital beds (something about it being a full moon...) so they scheduled me to be induced Friday morning at 7am. Instead they stripped my membranes to get labor started and it worked. Thursday morning I started having contractions. We were in staff meeting and I didn't tell anyone because I wanted to pick my bible study girls for the next year:) By the time they got close together and very painful they stopped for a few hours. Then that night they started full force and what does Brent do - he goes out to cut the grass!!! It took an hour on that yard but he didn't want to leave it until we got back. Meanwhile I was so ready to go to the hospital :) And labor progressed pretty easily at the hospital. It was a lot more enjoyable than I thought and I wont go into all the details but he was born at 7:17am Friday morning. At 7am my doctor walked into my room and laughed that she didnt need to induce me. Also the head of labor and delivery stopped by since she came on at 7am and she stayed with me too. Thank goodness and shows how God was watching over us because as soon as he was born I was rushed to the OR to get tons of stitches. And being first time parents and not knowing anything Brent and I thought it was all normal. ha! I had two doctors working on me and I don't know how many nurses. One stayed by my head and just kept praying for me and talking to me. What a blessing she was. The whole time they kept commenting on how I was smiling so much! I was just so excited to see my baby. So three hours later I was wheeled back and could hold and just stare at my baby. And besides having a hard time walking for a while I healed pretty fast. So because of all of that my doctors now are worried about me going through labor again and making sure that doesn't happen. Which is good. They are going to try to avoid a csection since that is surgery but they wont know that until I guess i start going through labor. So I'm trying not to get my hopes up that this baby will be here early but if all goes like its seems he will be here in about 3 months. And I'm not scared about labor this time because God's hand was clearly on Colin and I last time and it really wasn't until my doctors now (I'm starting to see all the doctors in the practice now in case they are on call when I go to the hospital) seem to keep telling me that my labor wasn't normal that we have realized it wasn't. Ignorance is bliss sometimes :)

Colin keeps talking to the baby and loves feeling the baby kick. The other day we were standing in line somewhere and there was a father with his little girl and baby and the baby kept smiling at Colin and Colin's response to them was "my baby's coming out soon!" He can't wait so hopefully he'll keep loving the baby when he does come out.

No comments: