Life As We Know It

Life As We Know It

Monday, March 30, 2009

me like worms

This weekend we built Brent's raised garden bed. Colin thinks its amazing and had so much fun helping dig up the dirt and get it ready. Along the way he found lots of nice squirmy worms. I was in the kitchen cleaning up lunch and turned around just in time to see Colin run in, open the freezer and try to stuff a handful of worms into the freezer to keep for later! Anyone want to come over for lunch? Just kidding. I found his bug home that Jeff and Kerri brought for him and we filled it up with dirt and it has tons of worms in it. So there are no worms in the house. He loves these worms and walks up and says "hi worms how you doing?" In fact today we were on a bike ride and he had to stop and get off his bike because he saw a worm on the pavement. It was squished and dead and he didn't understand why he couldn't take it home with the other worms. Colin cried the whole way home. "me sad for worm. Make happy in my home. Mommy worm waiting for baby worm. No squished. Worm fine" its hard to explain that the worm isn't ever going to move again to an almost 3 year old. But Brent's garden is finished and already has snow peas planted. Yum!Brent and Colin also planted a really pretty climbing vine I got to put next to our patio. Its suppossed to get pretty tall so will hopefully provide some some shade for us in the afternoons. I still have to mulch and have some other flowers to plant around it but that might have to wait for next weekend.

2 comments:

Bringing Up Boys said...

I think Colin is just about the cutest little gardener I've ever seen :)!

tifi*cha cha* said...

how adorable!