Life As We Know It

Life As We Know It

Tuesday, March 17, 2009

I want a pet

I know two posts in one day but Brent is outside with Colin and I'm going to start working on my blog book soon so I figured I'd get another entry in for this book. For the past few weeks Colin has been asking for a pet. And not just any pet - a pet rooster. Named Joey. And the reason - so the rooster will cockadoodle-doo and wake him up when the sun comes up. Colin has been sleeping a little later since the time change and it really bothers him that he's not up with the sun. We love it - he doesn't. Thus a rooster will solve his problem. Anyone know where we can get a stuffed rooster that crows for Colin's' birthday?

7 comments:

Nystral Djo said...

lily has also been sleeping way later with the time change - we love it! well, except today she woke up at 7:30 again...not that it mattered since jacob is always up at 7 a.m. sharp anyway! i have no idea where you can get a crowing rooster, but i'm sure google does.

Nystral Djo said...

ps what's a blog book?

Anonymous said...

Why not a real rooster. Colin could chase him around the yard and he would let everyone know when the sun comes up. And then, this is the neat part, when he starts to get on everyones nerves, including Colin, you eat it!! How cool is that?

Anonymous said...

i almost bought a rooster in the fall at the state fair. Colin and I think alike - they would make awesome pets!

Anonymous said...

Remember Ralph the Rippe's rooster?
I don't think it was much of a pet to play with as he would chase the dogs.
Dad

Anonymous said...

Roosters crow all day long....and....they don't make a cock a doodle do sound. I woke up to many of them throughout the night in the dominican...they never stop making noise! I guess until you eat them...I vote for a stuffed one.

Anonymous said...

sounds like dad waking up with the sun
too bad he didnt get brents sleeping in ness
~mary