Life As We Know It

Life As We Know It

Sunday, January 18, 2009

staying warm indoors

This week the weather became cold... well cold for this area. We laugh that the high in WV right now is 6 and we're complaining about 30 degree weather now. But thats why we like this area. Colin saw some snow flakes for about 4 minutes today and got really excited about the snowman he would make before it turned to rain. Sorry kiddo that might be the only snow you see all year. We did go outside this week to play but usually my no coat and barefoot boy loves cold weather and its momma who gets too cold but this time he cried and complained about the cold so we found things to do inside.

Brent and Colin demolished the shelf in our closet and we put up new shelving. For around $30 we now have twice the hanging and shelf space. Its SO nice. But Colin had fun with the power tools.

I took Colin to the Aquarium to run around and see some animals. Have to make use of his free under 2 for all these museums. He had a great time and loved pushing all the buttons that tell facts, make animal noises. Only problem was he decided he didn't want to walk halfway through and I had to carry him. Usually when we bring the stroller he still wants to be carried and I end up pushing the stroller and carrying him. So this time I didn't even bring the stroller. I told him I couldn't carry him too much longer because of the baby and he kissed my tummy and yelled "Come out baby and play" haha wish it worked that way. But it was a great time and we practically had the place to ourselves.

Friday we went to the Mariners Museum in Newport NEws. My mom got us free tickets so of course we went. NN is offering an ambassador ticket where for the month of Jan you can go to certain museums in NN on certain days for free. If you are ever in NN you have to go see this museum. They have done an amazing job with it and have a great monitor/Merrimack - or css Virginia :) exhibit that I wish I had been able to read everything and watch all the movies but Colin had a great time. He kept going "wow cool" and loved seeing the boats and his favorite was a part where they ask you which tool is used for different ship making tasks and you push the tool and then they show you how it was used to make the ship. He LOVED It. I love history so its definitely one of those museums thats worth the money to pay to go. But glad we got in free this time! And I brought the stroller and he stayed in it the whole time. Then we went to my grandparents and took naps and played the wii again. Colin the whole way over thought Jeff would be there and was really disappointed when I told him Jeff was at work and wasn't coming. (Jeff you need to come visit again soon!) Then after dinner with my parents we came home and this weekend have just been playing at home and not doing too much. Which has been really nice and relaxing.

And lastly a funny Colin story. He LOVES making bodily nosies (i.e. burps, gas, etc) and usually laughs and goes "ME!" before saying excuse me. Well the other day he passed gas and then in all seriousness looked and me and goes "Oh MOMMA!" Since then I never know if he'll do it in public and then blame me since he's done it several time since then. Haha. Oh well. Life as a mom gets more interesting.

No comments: