Life As We Know It

Life As We Know It

Saturday, January 10, 2009

Great Big Brother

Colin has taken a big interest in the baby lately. He keeps calling it the "green baby" since his favorite color is green and loves to come in and kiss my tummy and say "hi baby" he also thinks the baby needs a glass of water poured on it but I quickly stopped that. But baby's thirsty is what I get. haha. Colin went with me to my doctors appointment the other day and I told him before that he would get to hear the heartbeat and he was so excited. He sat so still and was so good. It was a little scary though since the doctor couldn't find the baby's heartbeat and after 20 minutes of trying went to get the ultrasound to look. I tried not to get too upset since Colin was sitting next to me but everything is fine. The baby was just really low and the doctor couldn't find it. (Brent and I joke now that its because Colin likes to come blow his trumpet at my tummy so the baby is hiding) But Colin was in awe seeing the baby move across the screen and then we heard the heart beat and the baby is fine. When Brent got home that night the first thing he did was run in and say "dada - me heard the baby" and was so excited. I told him that one day the baby will be out of my tummy and he told me that it would come out of my mouth. Like Cliffords loose tooth. Then the tooth fairy would come give me a treat. (We read Cliffords loose tooth a lot as he likes that book) Thats a good explaination to me! Last night before he went to bed he had to kiss the baby and tell the baby goodnight. I hope this love for the baby is still as strong when it arrives!

2 comments:

Bringing Up Boys said...

Based on previous experience I'd say that the love for baby will continue until your second one becomes mobile. Then it's. "Mommy,(insert babies name here)touching my things again! (Insert babies name here) stop touching that! I said stop... MOM help!"

Julie said...

what Heather said is so true... and that is such a fun special moment for you guys right now!! Enjoy it