Life As We Know It

Life As We Know It

Friday, January 09, 2009

New years and the rest of christmas

We rang in the New Year with my sister, or Ant-Ant as Colin loves to call her. After Brent got off work we drove up to Richmond to spend the night with Sarah and ring in the New Year. We wanted to take Colin downtown to these really cool lighted reindeer but they were turned off! we were so disappointed but went inside next door where they had penguins with a fountain and Colin enjoyed that just as much. He hasn't stopped asking to go see the penguins again. We then went to these amazing houses next door that must have millions of lights just on their house. We got to walk around the yards which was fun. After going to go get ice cream Colin was really tired but didn't go to bed until 11:30pm! He almost made it to midnight because Ant-Ant told him Prince Colin stories at bedtime which turned into many, many Prince Colin stories. He loved them and now every nap time and bed time we have to tell him Prince Colin stories. And sometimes I run out of ideas of new exciting adventures for Prince Colin to go on. The next day we went to the Short Pump mall and let Colin ride the little train. He loved it and picked Ant-ant to go on it with him. After a stop at my grandparents house on the way home for our black-eyed peas we all came home and Colin crashed and so did I. I couldn't even stay up to watch the Hokie game. But Brent kept coming back and waking me up to tell me the score at different points. But it was a great way to start the New Year. We also celebrated Christmas a few days before New Years with Brent's dad. Colin was so excited when he woke up from his nap and there were MORE PRESENTS under the tree. Very exciting and he keeps asking when Christmas will be again so he can open more presents. We drove around to look at Christmas lights and Pops got to hear Colin's WOW, Cool, each time we passed a house with lights on it.

2 comments:

Bringing Up Boys said...

Dude, you don't even look pregnant - that's so not fair! By the time I was at your stage of pregnancy the second go around, I was already showing big time!

Brent and Abigail said...

haha i wish that was true. Most of those pictures are of my twin sister sarah. But thanks. I've been in maternity clothes since 7 weeks :) I'll post a belly shot soon maybe! I lost the weight with colin pretty fast.... this time I crave ice cream and m&m's (with colin it was cottage cheese) so we'll see how that goes.