Life As We Know It

Life As We Know It

Sunday, September 14, 2008

Lions!!!

Laughing at something "kitty" must have told him

For the past few months Colin has been talking about lions. He will walk into a room and go "uh-oh roar!!!" (as he does the lion roar) and usually I'll have to tell him its ok the lions are sleeping or playing and he says ok (which in his language is AH-HAY)and goes on his way. Sometimes he hides from the lions. I'm not sure why or where he got the idea to hide from lions or that lions were bad. Although I remember my mom talking with my grandma about how they didn't like food lion and colin was sitting there doing his "roar" the whole conversation so I'm not sure if thats where it came from or not. Who Knows....somethings are never understood i guess. Since we moved, Colin has had a hard time going to sleep. He has to go to sleep with the light on and talks about the lions sometimes. Well last night I turned off his lamp since he wanted it off and all of a sudden "lions" were in the room and this time he kept pointing to the ceiling. The shadows of his lamp made it look like big shapes on his ceiling which to him were lions. So I moved his lamp and then we made shadow puppets on the wall and talked about how it wasn't really lions (not sure if he understood that) but just shadows. He had fun making the shadow puppets himself and then went right to sleep! It was amazing. Poor little guy was just afraid the whole time of the shadows.Here is a sweet picture of Colin and my grandma. We spent Friday with my grandparents and Colin cried the whole way home saying he wanted to eat dinner at oooo eeee's (short for Howard and Ethel) I think he knew Brent was cooking fish for dinner and in that case I wanted to eat dinner at oooo eeeee's too! (the fish was good. I'm just not a big fan of fish) Next time Colin... Next time.

No comments: