Life As We Know It

Life As We Know It

Monday, September 08, 2008

Another hokie weekend

As you can see Colin is really getting into football games. Especially hokie games! He had a great time this past weekend. Here are some highlights.

* Going to the farm. We all love the farm - Colin gets really excited when we get there and brings out all the trucks (play trucks) and plays on the tractors. This time he also went right for the candy bowl and had eaten a whole bowl before I saw what he was doing!
* Blacksburg - So beautiful. One day I want to live there again.
* Tailgating - my parents are getting very professional in their tailgating gear.
*Jimmy John's
* The drillfield. Although Sarah and I agreed that the trees have gotten a lot taller since we went there...
*Lane Stadium - need I say more
* Colin learning how to say "lets go hokies" well he doesn't quite say the exact words but the melody is exactly the same with whatever he is saying. He also goes YES! when you say touchdown and pumps his arms up and down.
*The Highty Tighty marching band. Colin couldn't keep his eyes off of them and we had to march with them into the stadium. And our seats were perfect for him to watch them the whole time. He got really excited when they played during the game.
*Sarah jumping up and down to Enter Sandman while holding Colin.... AND FALLING! haha it was so funny and I got it all on video. She and Colin are fine. The girl they landed on might not be :) haha no she's ok but was a little annoyed. Unfortunately for the family the video was taken with sarah's camera so you'll be left with Brent and I telling the story.
*Colin yelling Go GO GOOOO and cheering the whole game. He stayed awake this time and LOVED it all. Sat and marched around for most of the game.
*Colin telling me he was going to go to Virginia Tech when he got older... Well not in so many words but he keeps telling me he wants to go back - and I could not be prouder!

It was a great weekend. We had a lot of fun. Thanks mom and dad, jeff, grandma and grandpa for the tickets. You're contributing to another die hard hokie fan in Colin.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I thought that the 1st time I read this posting that there was a comment like the trees were taller but were probably twigs when Jeff was there... what happened? Did I just make that up? Either way the trees on campus are bigger, we are old. 10 yrs since we started there.

Abbey said...

Sarah, we are not old. Don't say that!

I love the pictures, Abigail. The one of Colin cheering is so great! I think you should submit it to the VT alum magazine!!

Anonymous said...

It just shocked me last weekend that it had been 10 yrs!

Brent and Abigail said...

i'm not getting old... a woman came to the house yesterday selling newspapers and asked if the woman of the house was home and was shocked when I said I was the woman of the house. She said i looked so young :)

and it hasn't been 10 years since we've been there. just 10 since we were freshmen. big difference. its only been 6 years since we graduated. thats not too bad

Anonymous said...

Think how quickly 10 yrs have gone by since we started college and how quickly the next 10 yrs will go by and before you know it you will be standing on the drillfield saying goodbye to Morgann & Colin crying (happy tears & sad tears) because you are so happy they are hokies and sad since when did your babies turn into adults?

Anonymous said...

Wow! Colin must be a genius if he's going to be in college when he's 12!