Life As We Know It

Life As We Know It

Monday, May 06, 2013

Seven

Yesterday our boy turned seven. It's so hard to believe. It feels like he was just born. But in some ways feels like he's always been here.

Colin is such an amazing boy. I do miss my curly haired baby who had his own language and who always ran around outside without shoes. Now it's Joel who runs around without shoes. Colin always put his shoes on when he goes outside. And Colin likes his hair cut short now. I miss that little baby but I am loving the boy Colin is turning into. Colin is very sincere, he truly cares about people, always sees the good in everyone, loves to make others happy. Colin is a quiet leader with his group of friends. He doesn't look to being one but its fun to watch how the boys at church look up to him and the kids at school do the same. Colin is such an easy going kid and such a joy to be around. It's no wonder all of us get so excited for the bus to drive by because Bubba is coming home then. Colin is such a great kid to figure out this whole parenting thing.  We are learning with him and he's such a great first born child.  God knew what he was doing when he gave us Colin first. I wish I could put into words how much I love this kid. Colin we love you.  You are an absolute joy.

We missed most of his birthday.  Brent and I were flying back and got in early afternoon.  My parents made a cake and had balloons and presents and Ant Ant came and took her boy out for a breakfast of donuts.  Colin was really excited that he got to blow up balloons and that Ma-ma-maa thought it was going pop in his face.  For dinner, Brent and I took the kids to Chuck e Cheese for Colin's birthday choice.  So all in all I'd say it was a pretty good birthday for him. 



Colin was really excited about this $4 checkers set. We've been playing all afternoon.  Its been so long since I've played that I just let him teach me (he plays each Friday in school during their freedom Friday time)  I lost just about every time and then Brent came home and played Colin.  Apparently 1st grade rules aren't quite the correct way so Brent made Colin watch youtube videos on the correct way.  I think Colin liked playing me better :) 

1 comment:

sarah said...

he looks so excited! love it