Life As We Know It

Life As We Know It

Monday, May 06, 2013

Busy weekend

I told Brent this morning that I feel like I could sleep for days. We had spent all last week working on our bathroom and that required lots of late nights/early mornings.  And then flew to Kansas City for Regis and Lydia's wedding. The kids were having fun at my parents house. (which norah didnt want me when we got there - she only wanted my mom.  She's so attached to mommy it showed that she really had a great time without us.  i was glad. I was worried about her. she's come around today and I can't put her downt o use the bathroom but at least she had fun.  The boys loved it too. Thanks mom and dad. 

We also had the worst flight schedule - we had to get up and be at the airport at 4am both times. Some people thought we were crazy but it was the only way we could get back to Colin on his birthday at a decent time.  We didnt want to miss that.   It was worth it and we wouldnt have missed this wedding for anything. 

 Brent was the best man so I pretty much only saw him on the airplane and for dinner both nights :)  There were times where I was helping set up/clean up and had no clue where brent was or when he'd be back :)  I figured he wouldnt leave Kansas City without me.
I meant to grab my camera but wasn't thinking that early in the morning so I just got a few iphone pictures.  The wedding was beautiful.  Really beautiful. And I have to say I love Lydia even more. Can't wait to spend more time with her. 
I got a few minutes with this guy before the ceremony started.  We made a video of us singing Colin happy birthday.  And then I quickly took this picture.  The only one we took together all night.  We sent the video to my sister who was going to see Colin for breakfast so he could have us singing to him since we would be hopping planes to get to him. 
I think Colin loved it. He's watched it a few times today.  It made me feel better knowing he'd see our faces that early in the morning. I knew my parents were doing something for him but I still wanted to help start out his birthday.
I had a few more pictures but its not uploading them at the moment and I'm too tired to figure out what the problem is.

So fun that Regis is now married.  I wrote in a card (so if they actually read my blog they will read it twice) that I couldn't have picked a more perfect wife for not only him but me as well.  It makes life more fun when you absolutely love your husbands best friends wife :)

No comments: