Life As We Know It

Life As We Know It

Thursday, November 15, 2012

Walking home

My favorite time of day.  Sometime after 3:15/3:30ish.  Colin comes home.
 He asked a long time ago if he could walk home by himself.  And just the fact that Norah was usually sleeping and keeping Joel entertained at the bus stoop was hard, I agreed.  But it makes me nervous.  Every day.  I can see the bus stop from my house.  But there is a street Colin has to cross that people almost never stop at the corner.  I've seen so many cars zoom by without looking. But Colin has been doing well and stops and looks both ways each time. Joel gets really excited when he knows its time to go outside and wait for Bubba.  He will swing, play in the front yard while we wait.  And then when Bubba gets off the bus, Joel waits until Colin gets about 3 houses down and then can't help himself.  He will go run after Bubba.  Makes me teary every day seeing them greet each other.  That and the proud look Colin has each day when he walks by himself.  He seems so big, yet so small walking by himself. 

No comments: