Life As We Know It

Life As We Know It

Monday, November 26, 2012

Santa

Since we were in Louisa we of course had to go see Santa at Southern States on Saturday.  The rest of the family went to a football game but I gladly gave my ticket to Brent (which wasn't hard since I'm still nursing Norah I couldn't go anyways) BUT I didn't mind since I wasn't missing this Santa. He's the real deal.  I've mentioned it before but for the past 6 years (we did miss one year in there) we have seen him.  And apparently he's getting very popular.  He takes his time with everyone but he had to hurry a little bit since the line was out the door.  But we still got some good time with Santa. And all the pictures were just too good not to share them all. 







 Especially Norah's! 




 Poor Santa was trying everything to get Norah to like him. 

 Norah looks so little compared to Santa's big hand.  My little girl that is already trying to stand on her own. 

Mary took Lenny and Lenny barks at all men until he gets to know them.  But he didn't bark at Santa.  See even Lenny knows :)





When we were at Christmas Town we saw an Elmo show and it was all about what Christmas was about and afterwards Colin told me "Mommy they missed one big thing about Christmas. They didn't say why we have Christmas, its to celebrate Jesus' birthday"  And then he went on to say "Poor How-How wont have Christmas this year.... oh wait, yes he will.  He will be with Jesus at the REAL birthday party this year! He's going to have more fun at that!"  And it made me teary eyed but also smile at how God keeps using Colin to make me smile when I start missing my grandpa.  And it also made me want to tell people who thinks that if you teach your kids about Santa then they wont believe in Jesus to just look at my son.  A day after seeing Santa he doesn't care about that part of Christmas. He knows its to celebrate Jesus' birth. 

And if anyone wants to know what the boys asked for - Legos.  Norah just wanted to get off Santa's lap.  She could care less what that strange man will bring her :) 

1 comment:

k.oldt said...

haha love it!