Life As We Know It

Life As We Know It

Thursday, November 29, 2012

8 months

I know this post is a few weeks late but in my defense I left my camera at Sarah's a few weekends ago.

8 months.  I know I keep saying this but it goes so fast.  I keep looking at pictures of my cute nephew (yay! I'm an aunt) and it seems like so long ago that Norah was just a newborn. Its hard to remember when she was that small.  But then at the same time wasn't she just born?

She is into EVERYTHING! I think she is my fastest crawler.  Probably because to get what she wants she has to go fast since most of what she wants isn't baby safe and mommy takes it away from her.  She loves to crawl into the boys room and go straight for the Lego's.

She is also trying to stand on her own.  I want to say she doesn't know what she's doing but I'm pretty sure she does. I think I will blame Joel if she's walking soon :)  He loves to carry her all over and she loves it.  (most of the time) Her little feet kicking the whole time.  She does pull up on everything.

She gets so tickled by Colin.  Its so sweet to see them play together. She loves it when the boys crawl after her.  You can always tell when she has something in her mouth she shouldn't because she won't smile or open her mouth and will crawl away fast from you.

She is eating everything we are eating.  No purred baby food for her.  She does get this weird rash from random foods.  Red under her eyes with fruit and then a rash with other things. But its strange.  Pumpkin bread is fine, pancakes made out of same ingredients gives her a rash.  So we're keeping an eye on it and thankfully she hasn't broken out at all this week.

Her favorite word is mama. (and only word) She waved at Brent the other day when he was waving to her and he said his heart melted at least ten times over.  He keeps trying to get her to say dada but she just says mama. 

I think one of the cutest things Norah does now is take her blanket everywhere. She has a few a&a blankets and she will crawl around the house dragging one of them.  And when you pick her up and give her one of her blankets she will squeal and just nuzzle into it.  So sweet. 

She still sleeps awful.  But she does have 4 teeth in now and hopefully the rest of the teeth will take their time so we can get some sleep.  Sometimes she is a great napper and other times will only sleep 30 minutes at a time.  Its hard to put her on a schedule since the boys have things they do and if I did then we would never leave the house. But she is so laid back and just goes with the flow.  Except at church.  She cries so hard each week in the nursery that it takes me about the rest of the time to calm her down.  She used to go to everyone and was the baby passed around.  Now she only wants mama. 

She was not liking the fact that mommy wanted to get her picture on the bed.  She would much rather have been crawling in the grass eating leaves. But that pouty face is adorable. 

No comments: