Life As We Know It

Life As We Know It

Monday, September 10, 2012

Joel

Joel has been playing with Playdoh a lot this week.  Maybe because he misses his Bubba.  Poor thing is a little lost without his Bubba.  I miss Bubba too - and am also a little lost without Colin.  But I am enjoying getting to spend some good time with Joel.  The other day I was cleaning up the playdoh so it wouldn't dry out and I hear from the other room,  "YES I HEAVY!!!!! I THE STRONGEST MAN IN THE WORLD!!!!!!!!" So I come around the corner and see this:
I guess he thought Norah needed to have a change of scenery so he picked her up and carried her around.  And was extremely proud of himself.  And I would be too - when you pick up someone who weighs almost the same as you I think you would feel like the strongest man in the world. 
 Joel has also likes helping me cook.  On this day he wanted to make muffins.  All by himself. Its a little flour, milk and then some frosting.  Then he asked for fire to be put on it.  (fire=candles) So I sang him happy birthday and my heart just melted at the look on his face.  Sometimes I think everyone needs to feel a little special and sung to on a day that really isn't their birthday...
Brent came home early one day last week when it rained and was there when Colin got off the bus.  A few minutes before we walked down Joel walked into the room and asked us "where is Colin?"  Brent and I looked at each other and I saw Brent a little teary eyed. Joel has always called Colin Bubba. He named him.  we aren't ready for him to stop calling him Bubba.  Thankfully Joel has said Bubba ever since.  These kids.... don't they know they need to stop growing up so fast. 

oh and one more Joel story:
Colin wasn't too excited about going to school one day last week and we talked about how maybe this year he will get an actual snow day from school.  Colin is now praying for lots of snow but Joel heard snow and that if it snows Bubba can stay home from school that day.  So he went into the closet and picked out his heaviest sweater to wear and wore it the whole day in 90 degree weather fully convinced it was going to snow.  Sweat was dripping down his face but he never wavered.  Sadly it never snowed :)  But it was so cute how badly he wanted his brother home. 

3 comments:

Sarah said...

Love my sweet Joel!

I'd better be Ant Ant FOREVER.

Holly said...

yay for snow days!!

Sabasue said...

Your kiddos are too cute! I have been getting emotional looking at your pics and reading your stories, because your kids are growing up so fast which means my baby is going to grow up so fast....which means I am just going to want more and more babies :-P We find ourselves talking about baby #2 and we haven't even had #1 yet.