Life As We Know It

Life As We Know It

Wednesday, September 26, 2012

Hokie Weekend

 We spent this past weekend celebrating the first day of fall with a football game at one of my favorite places in the world.  Norah was excited for her first Hokie game.  I think after all these years Brent finally understands what a special place Blacksburg is for me.  He is almost as excited as I am every year. 

 We tailgated both before and after the game.  We usually leave right after the game to get back to the farm but this time we stayed around.   My uncle David came by with my cousins William and Capers for a while. 
Two of these brothers went to University of Richmond.  Both those UofR brothers sent kids to Tech.  One would think that if a majority of your money + precious children at said school you could at least not wear blue to the game :) 
Norah met some cousins.  Crazy that the first time we brought Joel to a game william was a freshemen. And now he's a senior. 
Jeff broke his sholder in 3 places the week before.  Surgery was yesterday but he came to the game anyways.  No pain killers - I think the beer worked better. 
Colin was really excited about the game.  He sat with Ant Ant and Uncle Jeff and convinced Ant Ant he needed two sprite drinks, a hot dog, popcorn and icecream.  Joel sat with us and got water and a small bag of cracker jacks!  Next time both boys will want to sit next to Ant Ant. Colin said he loves Blacksburg and has been asking me all about college.  Its fun reliving it with him. 
 Trying to get a decent picture of all three kids can take a while. This was the best of all of them:
 It took Brent, Joel, Norah, and I a while to get into the stadium.  Brent lost the tickets.  My sister has a picture of my uncle showing Colin the pit in Pritchard and you can see the tickets on the ground there.  Luckily Brent found the tickets so the rest of us could enjoy the game.  But while I was waiting outside the stadium with Norah and Joel I ran into Mary - and since I'm the only one who got to see Mary I'd say it was a good thing Brent temporarily misplaced the tickets. 
 Norah slept the first quarter.  And then a few minutes after she fell asleep Joel fell asleep. So brent and I sat back and enjoyed the game.
 Joel slept through most of the first half. 
 We have a picture of both boys like this.  Here and Here
Beautiful Hokie baby.

 Looks like someone is getting her big brother back for always doing pretty ears to her. The necklace she is wearing is a teething necklace my friend made me for the game.  Norah played with it the whole time.  It worked great.  Norah liked it better on her than on mommy.  My sweet girly girl.

 Norah got into cheering during game. 
I love this picture of Joel and Norah.

 Joel liked to yell GO HOKIES.  At one point he was playing under the seat and someone walked by and stepped on a mustard bag.  Mustard went right into his eye.  Joel started screaming but thankfully it wasn't worse and he got over it pretty quick. 
 At the 4th quarter we went up to find Jeff and Ant Ant.  Joel was missing his brother too.  The kids haven't stopped talking about the game.  They brought out all their hokie books and have been pouring over them pointing out everything they saw.  Thanks Mom and Dad for getting us tickets every year.  Its a fun family tradition that we look forward to every year. 


1 comment:

sarahg said...

really you had to include that picture of my wild hair and me and jeff on our iphones??