Life As We Know It

Life As We Know It

Tuesday, February 21, 2012

My Birthday Present

In honor of my birthday today I thought I'd show you what I got for my birthday (and Christmas and the next few birthdays/Christmas) The kitchen isn't totally done yet but we've  I've decided that since Norah is coming soon we should focus on getting ready for the baby and then work on the finishing touches to the kitchen.  I've had a few freak out moments thinking she'll be here in a month or less and we are not ready for her.  But most of the kitchen is done.  Just a few trim pieces, a few more tiles installed, transition piece, paining the ceiling, add another piece of trim under the window, and then picking out a backsplash.  And somehow those are the things that are easy but seem to take the longest to get done. So here are the before and after. 
Before
After
Before
After
Before
After (opening up the doorway makes such a difference. And you can see we're still moving in our stuff.  We have to unpack some boxes in the garage and figure out where to put them all.  We have so much cabinet space.  Its wonderful)
Before
After (where the microwave was there is now a full pantry cabinet. I love it. Its hard to believe we fit all our food in one tiny cabinet before)
Before
After (I love the fact we put the counter there for the kids. They eat breakfast and lunch there, do homework, color, its great.)

Before

After

We love it.  And got some amazing deals on everything. Its fun to even see the kids walk into the kitchen and just look around.  Its hard to picture what the kitchen looked like before.  We love it.

5 comments:

sarah said...

Looks Good!

Michelle said...

It looks great!! Brent - so proud of your hard work (I know you had help, but dang! i didn't know you had mad remodel skills!)
Abigail- I love your subway art! Where did you get that? Must have one!

k.oldt said...

looks amazing!!!!!!!

Julie said...

I love love love love love love love it.....
cannot wait to see it in person... and YOU
where did you find the subway art that is hanging up...
about love jesus, obey your parents... I would like to get it!!! Please tell :)

Lisa said...

The kitchen looks great! We had ours done last year (it looks pretty similar), and it almost makes me feel like we have a new home, good job Brent! We have that same subway art hanging in our hallway =)