Life As We Know It

Life As We Know It

Saturday, February 04, 2012

6 more weeks

 Baby girl is getting bigger.  Only 6 more weeks to go.  Colin was a week early, Joel was on his due date. I'm predicting this girl to be a week late but I'd really like her to be a little early.  I already feel like she's about to fall out when I walk.  The other day we got surprised by a short storm at the bus stop.  No one had coats, it was literally pouring so hard I couldn't see.  Joel was screaming and clinging to me.  Colin was in the jogger crying about his groundhog hat he made that was just dripping, I'm pushing Colin, holding Joel and trying to walk as fast as I could all the way home (I wish the bus stop was closer) It stopped raining 10 minutes after we got home.  Go figure.  A few more days like that and baby girl will come early. 
 She's measuring right on time.  As large as I look and feel I haven't gained as much weight this time.  In fact a few times I've lost weight recently.  I still can't eat sugary sweets.  I passed my glucose test but I still get sick after eating even 1 M&M - I usually have to follow it up with a carrot or piece of broccoli.  But I do sneak some in. Sometimes its just worth it :) 
And we have finally picked her name.  Norah Grace Goedecke.  Although Colin is still calling her leah :)  That was and still is his top pick.  But Norah just seems to fit her.  Norah means honor and light which we liked.  And now that the kitchen is almost done its time to start thinking baby.  As much as I'd love to be done being pregnant its almost come too fast. There is a lot to get done before she gets here.  I have a feeling these next few weeks will fly by. 

4 comments:

k.oldt said...

Love the name, so sweet!

Sabasue said...

I love her beautiful name! 6 weeks, very exciting!

Holly said...

Woooo HOOOoooOO!! Getting closer! LOVE the name!

Nystral Djo said...

Norah is pretty, but I think Colin's really on to something with Leah ;)