Life As We Know It

Life As We Know It

Sunday, October 30, 2011

Super Heros

Our church holds a chili cookoff every year and lets the kids dress up in their costumes.  It was yesterday and I asked Colin what he wanted to be - and after changing it several times over the week he chose a super hero.  And he wanted me to help him make it. We made the shirt and the arm cuffs.  I already had the mask and cape.  He designed it and I think he made such a cute super hero.  He was so proud of his arm cuff things and I'm so glad. 
And we can't forget our little super hero.  He ended up being "super J" - although all week he's been running around in nothing but a diaper and his cape so Colin has been calling him "super diaper" and Joel thought that was great.
He insisted on wearing his safety goggles (which i guess Brent could've borrowed a few weeks ago...) I think the goggles makes the costume for him. 
We aren't sure what we are doing tomorrow for Halloween.  If Colin comes home from school wanting to do something we might go to a friends church for their festival.  I am going to have a bag of candy waiting for him when he gets home so hopefully that will be enough :)  Our weeks are so busy that I'm almost hoping for a night home tomorrow night.  So we'll see.  But my super heros are very cute it might be hard not to want to go somewhere and show them off. 

No comments: