Life As We Know It

Life As We Know It

Sunday, November 28, 2010

Santa

We just got back from a long weekend at the farm.  The kids had a blast and should be tired out with all the walks to the creek, bear hunts, and playing they did.  I know I am tired. I'm going to have to wait on my sisters and uncle jeff's pictures from thanksgiving but I just love this one my sister took of the boys.
While the rest of the family went to Blacksburg to watch the Hokies win their football game I took the boys to see Santa.  The Southern States Santa. The REAL Santa. Colin was really excited this year and somehow we managed to be the first ones there.  And this Santa doesnt want you to wait for a long time in line so he came right out and spent a long time with Colin.
Colin told Santa he wanted Legos and Soldier stuff for christmas. I told Santa I wanted a new camera. 
Joel watched Colin love on Santa but when it came to his turn he made sure the WHOLE store heard what he thought about sitting on Santa's lap.

 Poor Santa tried everything.  He told us to wait a few minutes and then do it again.  He didn't want any kid to be afraid of Santa.  But Joel wasn't changing his mind. 
Then Santa took his little buddy and went outside to greet the kids coming in.  Colin thought it was great being Santa's helper. 
This is the 3rd year we've been to see this Santa and it just gets better every year.I never believed in Santa growing up but there is just something about this Santa that makes you want to believe.

3 comments:

Julie said...

poor Joel... so sad. That is awesome about Colin!!!! And where is that Santa? And I pray you get the camera you want for Christmas!!!!

tifi*cha cha* said...

i literally have tears comin down my face cause ive been crackin up at your pics of joel. hahaa. that's hilarious. your boys are precious!

k.oldt said...

so cute, loved Colin's reaction, RJ and Lucy would not even go near him! haha