Life As We Know It

Life As We Know It

Saturday, August 28, 2010

Bike Riding

This week I took the kids on a bike ride.  I got Colin a new bike helmet, gave Joel the old one and put Joel on the back of my bike.  I'm not sure what he thought since this was his expression:
We only went for a few minutes and then spent the rest of the time playing in the yucky pond near our house (colin calls it the yucky pond and i agree :) but we were trying to catch some baby tadpoles. Great fun)  But today we all ventured out for a long bike ride.
Dont you love when you can place the camera on a utility pole and get your picture?  We went on two loop-de-loops as our family calls them. 
I think Joel enjoyed it for the first part.  And then as you'll see in the next picture he was done.
Poor little guy.  Colin rode fast.  Always had to be the one in front going super fast. 
I think it was the Christmas socks pulled up high that made him fast :)  But the funniest moment was when Colin told Brent and I to stop.  "Stop!  I have to tell you something"  (or as colin says dumbthing.... haha its too cute to correct sometimes)  But we stopped and he got of his bike and then proceed to sing us this:

Its a little shaky since I was sitting on a bike and laughing. (he says "I go fast fast fast." in the video)   He gets his moves from his daddy :) But it was overall a success and as the weather starts getting cooler (hopefully) we'll be going on a lot more bikes rides.

2 comments:

k.oldt said...

this was so cute, rj loved watching the video

Julie said...

so adorable, seriously... oh my