Life As We Know It

Life As We Know It

Wednesday, September 01, 2010

Our Swimmer

Yesterday I took the boys to the pool after Joel's nap.  On Sunday I spent an hour swimming laps - the first time all summer, and really in years since i was pregnant last summer.  Colin was excited to watch mommy in the lap lane and sat and watched for most of it.  So yesterday Colin told me he wanted to swim like mommy.  So he put his head underwater.  HUGE!  Luckily I grabbed my camera before we left the house and went and got it to video tape so we could show Daddy when he came home from work.  Since putting his whole face underwater is something we thought would happen next summer.  And the next thing I saw him doing this:

The swim coach in me wanted to teach him how to swim all summer but with him refusing to put his face in the water I didn't push it. But I was amazed. All on his own. I didn't teach him how to do any of that.  My boy has natural talent.  He takes after the Gougers I think in this area. After I took this I went back in the water and he kept swimming to me and then wanted to swim to whole length of the pool.  Which he did twice.  I think jumping off the diving board gave him confidence.  He told me this morning he wanted to swim in the lap lane with me and this time he'll be faster than me.  haha.  he was even attempting to do some butterfly yesterday since he watched me swim it Sunday.  I'm still amazed and very proud of my swimmer. Maybe the swim team is a possibility for us next summer. 

4 comments:

jeff said...

I can't get the video to play

k.oldt said...

GO Colin!!!!!!

Sabasue said...

Brian used to teach swimming so I showed him this video. He was super impressed that he did that all on his own.

Jeff said...

I love it! I have watched (and shown) this many times! yeah Coliin. come over to Oui's pool and show me what ya got!