Life As We Know It

Life As We Know It

Sunday, September 19, 2010

Our week in pictures

Its hard to believe another week has come and gone and its the middle of September.  I went on a womens retreat with our church last weekend and someone commented that it was 9.11 and I remember thinking "wow its already September. When did that happen?"  I dont have any pictures from the retreat but I did have a great time.  Brent and the boys had fun. (somehow he must have bribed them because they slept all night for him...)  But here are some of the things I spent this past week doing.
Joel will sneak up to Colin's legos when Colin is in another room.  He likes to take their helmets off and then try to put them back on.
We fed the ducks.
 
Went to the zoo with some fun friends.
Played for hours with toy soldiers. 
Went to visit ooo-eee and see How-How in what Colin calls his meditation hos-i-pital (rehabilitation) When we got back to my grandmas house I was trying to put Joel down for a nap and came out and saw Colin and Ooo-eee snuggled together looking at a Hokies Magazine.
Both boys fell asleep on the way from the grandma's house and my parents house for dinner. Colin then slept another 2 hours I think.  Wish that could happen at home. 
Soccer started again.  Noah and Adah are on Colin's team which makes it really fun for all of us. (we're doing a different league and LOVE it.  When you get m&m's, bubble gum, sitckers and stamps from your coach after practice it must be great!)  I was a little nervous since Colin wanted to be on the green team again. But I figured his black soccer shorts with the green strip would satisfy him and it did. But guess what team he's on... the GREEN leap frog team.  And I wont go on about how excited I am that he's on the green team again since I wrote it here last spring. But just another reminder for me :) 
The coach said Joel can join in on practice for a little bit. He thought he was big stuff let me tell you.
 When Joel isn't trying to be one of the big kids on the field he is trying to hug and kiss Nathan. (now that lucy is gone Nathan gets all of Joel's affection!) I'm sure Nathan will run from Joel when he can start walking since I'm not so sure he likes all the hugs and kisses :)  My sweet boy - he can kiss and hug me all he wants.
We had church on the beach today and stayed to play.
this is my favorite time of year to go to the beach.  Not too hot, not to crowded
But the biggest thing and most time consuming was fixing Colin's floor issues and installing new floors.  Next weekend we work on Joel's room.  I was putting stuff back into Colin's room and found Joel in here playing with the matchbox cars. They slide much better now on the new floors. But the best thing for me is that Colin has stopped coughing and can breathe so much better. 
And this is a tradition that started last fall.  We make homemade pizza every Sunday night and watch football while eating our pizza.  Anyone is more than welcome to join us any Sunday night! 

5 comments:

k.oldt said...

I wish we could join you for the pizza, what a great tradition. I noticed Joel still hasn't made the flip to forward facing, neither has Lucy. She is still only 19 pounds. Hopefully soon. :0) Miss you!

sarah said...

The floor looks good - not dark at all. I pictured really dark wood when you described it.

Jeff said...

Brent looks a little serious....must have been during the Texans' comeback.....

Julie said...

i want to join you for pizza... how fun! I am getting so excited about this summer, can I just tell you? Seriously, excited! Wow... those floors are awesome... you guys do such a good job. I also love that picture of Colin kicking the ball and you and Joel at the beach. So precious

Nystral Djo said...

colin's room is SO CUTE. love the colors and the furniture, etc.