Life As We Know It

Life As We Know It

Saturday, August 21, 2010

Conquering the Diving Board

Our pool took out the diving boards long before we moved here.  Today Colin got to see a real diving board. We went to my grandparents pool to swim and he really wanted to go off the diving board. Only thing is he had to get over his dislike of getting his face wet and underwater.  I loved watching the progression so here are a ton of pictures.
Thinking about going off the diving board.
First time on a diving board.
He was very excited and loved how high he was...
But I guess he didnt realize how far he would have to walk out to jump
So he climbed down and decided to try the other diving board
This one must be it.  Look how excited he looks
ummmm.... maybe not
Maybe the first one really was better
So he went back to the first one and did a little of this
And a little of that
And listened to Uncle Jeff talk about how he used to just throw Mommy off the diving board into the pool when she was younger than Colin. 
Until finally he went for it. 
And he finally did it.
"Look Mom I DID IT."  (Meanwhile Brent is slowly drowning in the background.)
After going off once Colin kept wanting to go off again and again. I'm so proud of my little diver.

5 comments:

k.oldt said...

yeah colin!!!!!!!!!!!!

Julie said...

that is awesome, I remember when I was a kid I would LOVE to go off the diving board, how come they don't have them at your pool?
btw, I have been meaning to tell you how much I like you new background... it is very cheery! Do you use Widows live writer to get your pics so big?
I have been at a conference for a week and I got to work some on my blog book and I am almost done with Oct. just 5 more entries, and I am realizing how many pics I have in them... I am aweful. I need to learn to edit them down...lol

Aunt Angela said...

Hahaha....this is super cute!

Anonymous said...

Familiar place. Looks the same as it did when it first opened almost 50 years ago! He needs Uncle David to teach him a back flip!
Grandpa

Sarah said...

I love it! Love the progression. I'm thinking of making the brent drowing pic my background at work. I could use a laugh throughout the day!!