Life As We Know It

Life As We Know It

Thursday, August 19, 2010

Mud Run

A few weeks ago Sarah and I ran a 5 mile Mud Run.  To see what we did check out this link It was a lot of fun.  There were about 600 people who signed up for it and everyone was just there to have a great time. The run was beautiful.  We saw some deer and fawns running beside us.  The army crawls under the flags, jumping over hay bales, running through the river, and climbing up a cliff just added to the fun.  Sarah is a FAST runner. She has one speed and thats fast.  I'm more of a slow and steady person but I tried to keep up with her and really felt it the last mile.

At the very end you had to army crawl through a mud pool.  A disgusting deep mud pool.  I had figured out doing the other army crawls that it was faster to just baby crawl it so thats what I did through the mud pool and didn't get as muddy as I thought - or as Sarah did.  Guess she's tougher than I am :)  Maybe next year. But if you click on that link above and look at our official race pictures (type in our bib numbers - mine is 390 and sarah's is 389 - they definitely took more pictures of me crawling through the mud.  My technique must've been photo worthy! or they liked the part of me licking mud off my face...i dont remember that part. ha!)  We ran 5 miles in 45 minutes and thats including all the hay bales, army crawls, etc parts.  Pretty good I thought.  This is definitely a race I want to keep doing. Anyone else want to do it with us???

1 comment:

Julie said...

you are such a rock star. OMG, that is so awesome, and you both don't look that dirty... love the pics! So did you shower before driving back or did you drive back muddy?