Life As We Know It

Life As We Know It

Saturday, February 20, 2010

Saturday

This morning I got to sleep in until 8:00 (never mind how many times I was up in the middle of the night... but Brent took the boys when they got up so I could get some extra sleep.  Amazing how that felt like sleeping in)  But then I took Colin to meet Kelly, RJ and lucy for a horse parade.  We never found the horse parade and after walking a ways we were told it was even further so we walked to Starbucks, got a donut and then went to a park right outside the Naval base.  Colin loved this park.  He would've stayed all day.  And I'm pretty sure we will be back there a lot this spring since its a short walk from Kelly's house. It was a great morning and I enjoyed spending it with Colin. Brent had fun playing with Joel for the morning.  Its our goal to do these one on one times with the boys once a month. Thanks Kelly for a fun adventure!  Colin entertained me on the way home with songs about my birthday.  In one song he serenaded me with a song about how "you have no pee pee cause you are a girl"  haha and then after that it was about octopuses and then mommy is turning 16...la la la.  Which is better since he told me yesterday I was 100. 
Then this afternoon Ant Ant came to celebrate our birthday tomorrow.  Although Colin doesnt like the fact that she shares a birthday with mommy. He wants her to share his birthday.  So Ant Ant may get two birthdays this year.  The weather was warm and we played outside all afternoon and then went on a run/bike ride to what we call the "super dooper playground" in our neighborhood.  Ant Ant made a fort for Colin after dinner and he told her "Ant Ant you're my friend" when he saw it. And he got to stay up all night with Ant Ant (8:30) and is excited to do it again tomorrow night.  haha! 

1 comment:

Julie said...

yeah for sleeping in :) Hope you have a fun birthday!!!