Life As We Know It

Life As We Know It

Tuesday, February 23, 2010

the big 3-0

I have now entered into the 30s. Somehow it doesn't seem so old since Brent has been there a while :)  Although I went and got my hair cut the other day (still getting used to it - i think I'll like it better in a few weeks) but the woman kept asking me if i wanted to get my hair highlighted to cover the grey hair coming in.  haha oh sad... :)  But it was a great day.  The boys were up a lot in the night so I didnt get all the sleep I wanted/needed but at 6am after the kids were playing in bed with us for a while Brent took them in the other room so I could sleep.  Aparently Colin went and woke up Ant Ant and this is what she told me " Your son woke me up saying time to get up - the sun's aready awake! When I told him to go wake up mommy - oh we can't wake up mommy... she sleeps in on her birthday :)"  Good boy! And poor Ant Ant since it was her birthday too. Brent had decorated the house while we were sleeping and Colin was excited that even the bathrooms were ready for a party.  After church we went down to the beach since our church is about 10 minutes from there.  Colin played on the playground and ran around and Joel kept trying to eat sand.  Then we got lunch and ate it on the beach.  A beautiful warm day. Brent even made his first cake for us. In West Virginia I would make my own.  Then my parents and grandma came over later in the afternoon and brought dinner and another cake.  The boys really enjoyed having two cakes to eat and blow out candles.  Ant Ant left monday afternoon to get back to work but it was a fun birthday and a great weekend.



1 comment:

Julie said...

Welcome to the 30's!!! Lol... I never saw any grey in your hair when I was there... but girls with darker hair get grayer quicker I was told.... but you look GREAT... that is so funny that Colin woke up Ant Ant... poor sister! Yeah for 2 cakes... and a house all decorated when you woke up...
I am sorry I have been such a slacker on the other blog I am going to write today...