Life As We Know It

Life As We Know It

Sunday, February 07, 2010

more snow

Yesterday we got more snow.  We probably got about an inch but because it rained before we didn't get more.  Its still so pretty coming down. Joel stayed by the window most of the afternoon watching the snow fall.

And what we got yesterday was more than we saw all year last winter.  I'm so jealous of everyone who got 30 inches - we'd love some of that here.  (well I would. Brent doesn't since he wouldn't be able to work for weeks here if that happened) We still managed to have some fun this morning in the snow. My parents came over for lunch and Colin and my dad had fun sword fighting for a little bit. Joel was excited to see the snow since he wanted to just eat it. But this time I put rubber bands around his wrists so he gloves would stay on and he couldnt shake them off. That made eating the snow pretty hard for him and made him a little frustrated until I gave him a handful of clean snow.  Colin and Brent have been pirates all weekend. Brent is his pirate friend. Joel is his pirate baby. And that is a lake in our backyard. Its frozen in the mornings so we can skate on it :) But once the sun comes out it becomes a slushy mess.  I'm loving all the snow but I'm also very ready for warmer weather so I can go outside everyday with the boys.
 
 

1 comment:

Julie said...

i am so happy you got some and Joel and Colin look happy too... awesome! So strange for VA Beach, so it is such a treat!