Life As We Know It

Life As We Know It

Saturday, December 26, 2009

Zoo



Since today was Saturday, Brent didn't have to work and neither did my parents so we invited them and my sisters to the zoo for the morning.  Sarah had to get back to work tonight so a morning zoo trip and lunch worked out perfectly for her to join us and make it back in time.  The weather was perfect - cloudy and warm.  And great to get outside since its been cold and rainy the past week. Colin loved showing his favorite animals to everyone and really loved splashing in all the puddles with his new fireman boots.  He pretty much ran around with Ant Ant all morning.  She did have boots on too but I dont think she stomped in the puddles like Colin.  We all rode the train and made me remember all the times we were in Nebraska riding the train at the zoo there with my grandparents.  There was no Big Ben (the bear in NE) but we did get to see the whole lion family out on top of some rocks.  Joel was fascinated by all the animals and I think will really start to love going to the zoo. We have decided to renew our membership for another year so next year Brent and I think we should do the zoo again the day after Christmas. Its a fun tradition to start.  I think we wore Joel out the past two days since he took a 3 hour nap this afternoon.  Colin started taking great naps about this age so I'm hopeful. We had a great morning and have spent the rest of the afternoon playing with all our new toys.

 

No comments: