Life As We Know It

Life As We Know It

Wednesday, December 16, 2009

Museum fun


 Yesterday we spent the warm day at a park with Jamie and Benjamin.   Mary met us at a park while we were playing.  Jamie and I were there maybe close to 3 hours letting the boys play and run off some energy. There were a lot of kids there and they all played well together.  A lot of boys who chased each other with sticks and had a mock battle. Colin and the little boys didn't get it but thought it was fun to run around with "swords" and hit them against other sticks.   It was fun and even more fun when Mary came home with us. Colin was so excited. She even made us chocolate covered peanuts. YUM! Hopefully Mary can come over lots while she's home on break.  haha but the funniest thing is that the first thing Brent said when he got home and heard mary had been here was "did she tell you what she got me for christmas?"  ha!

Then tonight Kelly inivited me to this really cool museum in Portsmouth that has this whole WinterWonderland.  Most of those people in the pictures move and there are maybe 3 huge rooms filled with them.  Brent got home early and it was such a blessing because I had been wanting to do something with just Colin.  Especially because he's starting to show his stubborn side and we've had some strong battle of wills lately.  I guess it shouldnt come as a surprise since he is my child but life as a parent has gotten a lot harder lately.  We were both needing some good time together so I'm glad Brent could stay home with Joel. It was great.  I need to do this more often and just take Colin to fun places and not just to the store (since he does help me with errands on the weekends) He talked the whole way there and was so cute and funny on the way home. At the museum they gave us a sheet of paper with different objects to look for in the different displays.  Colin got really into it and starting finding them right away.  I was amazed at how well he did. It was fun watching Colin and RJ look at everything.  Although I think their favorite part was the plastic dragon outside the museum. 

 
Kelly and Lucy.  One day Joel will read this and wonder why he was left at home! 
 
 On the way home we stopped at Starbucks for a cookie for colin. And cholcolate milk.  He even let me take his picture eating his cookie. He was so animated and funny and charmed everyone there. 
 
Which is an accomplishment because lately when I try to take his picture he gives me this look.  And people might wonder why they aren't getting christmas pictures of Colin this year...

It was a great night and before Colin went to bed the "no girls allowed" sign was removed from his door. We'll see if it goes back up tomorrow.

2 comments:

sarah said...

that pic of colin made me laugh so hard I cried! You could send that one out in the christmas cards!

Julie said...

i also love that last picture and think it should be the christmas card... love it