Life As We Know It

Life As We Know It

Sunday, December 13, 2009

Baby Jesus GIrl

Friday when we were at my parents Colin was playing with their nativity set and kept talking about 'baby Jesus Girl" and I kept saying no its Mary, Jesus' mother.  But he kept insisting so I went over to look and it indeed looks like a baby Jesus Girl.  He told me "our baby Jesus doesn't have a PINK dress. So ma-maa and Grandpa have a baby Jesus Girl" Funny thing is that I think they have had that nativity set as long as I can remember and we never questioned baby Jesus wearing a pink dress.

We made Joel's stocking this weekend so I guess he's officially part of our family. (and for the rest of the family I had this great idea to do the handprint wreath and baby feet reindeer for christmas gifts but after doing it once they were both done.  it was going to make a great pillow for everyone. So I'm keeping that one! Didn't it turn out great though :) I framed it instead of making it into a pillow. And like it even better.

 Colin and I made a volcano. He loved it.  Science experiments are fun when you don't have to do the whole research paper with them.  

 We moved my organ my great grandpa made for Sarah and I (at least I think he made it. He built organs) But it was in our backroom and to make room for Christmas decorations we put it in our bedroom.  The boys have never played with it more.  They didnt touch it when it was in front of them every day but they love to go into my room and play with the keys. 

 
Joel's a natural.  

Colin loves to walk around the house singing "jingle bells jingle bells all a all a way!"  And he jingles a jingle bell pen I got him the whole time.  He is also singing "Santa Baby hurry down the chimney tonight" today. Ha! he heard it on the radio and thought it was funny to have Santa be a baby like Baby Joel. We left it at that...

Colin also has a "no girls allowed" on his door this weekend. And since I'm not allowed in there I've actually gotten things done.  Joel, Brent and Colin have spent time in there.  Although this morning Colin put a "no daddy's allowed" so I think he wants just him and Joel.  He's growing up.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

The reed organ was a commercial product. He mostly restored pipe organs and when they tore down the old theaters you know where he hid the pieces!
Dad

Julie said...

i love this post and want to do the hand wreath with the boys... awesome, but don't think they have the patience for it...