Life As We Know It

Life As We Know It

Monday, April 27, 2009

weekend away

This past weekend we went to Kill Devil Hills, NC to get away for a quick family vacation before we become a family of 4. (I know we live at the beach but we wanted to get away and see some other places) Brent took Monday off so Saturday morning we drove the hour and half down to the beach and went to Jockey's Ridge. (colin's personal favorite) The rest of the time we spent swimming in the hotel swimming pool, playing down at the beach, or watching dolphins! It was very relaxing and the perfect getaway for us. Colin scaling the mountain of sand. Brent was soon to follow. I took an easier route.There he goes. He kept repeating "I can do this. I can do this" the whole way up.I didn't realize the dunes were so tall. I had been once in 1st grade but hadn't realized how hard it would be for a 7 month pregnant woman! I did make it eventually everywhere colin and brent did - at a much slower pace - and after Brent took this picture he said "you dont really look pregnant from behind..."Colin and I at the top. Watching the hang gliders. Colin REALLY wanted to go hang gliding. He's a dare devil and I can just see him doing it and skydiving as soon as he's old enoughSliding was the fastest way down. We're still getting sand off Colin... Colin also slept for 12 straight hours that night and didnt move a muscle the whole time. Not our typical boy. Maybe we should go every day to Jockeys' Ridge :) Colin LOVED the pool. "me swimming. Me swimming" Can't wait until Memorial Day when our pool opens up. He and I will be there every day I think.
Chasing waves - or maybe here they are chasing him.
Watching dolphins. Can you see it?
Putt-putt was fun. Colin has gotten much better since last year when we went with our whole family. This course you rode a train up to the top before you played. That was the highlight for ColinColin's attitude about going home! haha he really is sad about being home and keeps asking to go back.This is what greeted us when we got back. (don't look at the ugly bushes next to the side of the house. Those are coming out this weekend)

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a fun weekend...the sand reminds me of Sleeping Bear Dunes in Michigan...we used to take Tony and Angela when they were little like Colin. Our pictures are very similar:)
Debbie Burley

Nystral Djo said...

wow, look at all those azaleas! you weren't kidding when you said you had a bunch. that's awesome that colin had so much fun scaling the mountain of sand and swimming in the hotel pool. we also took a 7month preggers trip b/f becoming a family of 4 - i think that was when we saw you last!

Angela said...

Awww...that does remind me of Sleeping Bear Dunes!

Samantha said...

I LOVE Kill Devil Hills!!
Such a fun place!