Life As We Know It

Life As We Know It

Saturday, April 18, 2009

getting closer...

As some of you know, Brent now has to go to charlottesville Thursday and Friday for work which means he has to spend the night there Thursday. Its a blessing to have those accounts but each week I secretly pray that he'll lose those accounts and not have to go :) Well this Thursday night I was putting Colin to bed and thought woah this baby is really wanting to come out. Lately it seems he keeps pushing my stomach out wanting to make more room. A few minutes later I felt it again and then it registered. That wasn't the baby that was a contraction. I don't think you ever forget what those feel like. It didn't happen again so I put Colin to bed, went and drank some water and laid down. Then I started to freak out. Brent is out of town, my parents are gone this weekend on vacation, my grandparents are at the farm, Jamie is in New York, the Burleys are home and do I call them. How late do I wait? What if they aren't there? I don't even know where the hospital is!!!! Do I take Colin with me? Can my sister come from Richmond in time? I didn't really sleep that whole night. Well it didn't happen again and I finally figured out it was Braxton -Hicks which I didn't feel with Colin until a few weeks before he was born. They come at night probably only because during the day I am running after Colin. So no one got called and we didn't rush to the hospital - which is good since I don't know where it is. (haha many of you probably didn't know you were on my call list yet!) But the baby is fine. And I'm fine too - just a little tired from worrying all night! At 38 weeks they are going to induce if I've started dilating so hopefully everything I'm feeling is my body getting ready but we still have 9 weeks left possibly if they can induce so I'm hoping to keep this baby in until then. And this week I am going to register at the hospital and Brent and I are going to drive there so we both know where it is :) When I was pregnant with Colin my doctors office was in the hospital, and Brent was never more than 15 minutes away from me or the hospital. This time its completely different so being induced might actually be a blessing not only for an easier delivery but so Brent can be sure to be there! Here is my handsome boy. He is so much fun. I'm really enjoying our Thursdays alone since I try to plan fun things for us to do in the evenings and just making the most of our alone time together since once this baby comes it will all change. His new thing is asking "but how? or But Why?" for everything.

2 comments:

Julie said...

I remember those why? how? questions all the time!

So sorry you were up all night... that is stressful. Praying that you get some good rest especially when Brent is out of town!

Bringing Up Boys said...

Gotta love those Braxton Hicks! Just remember if the "contractions" don't grow consistently longer, stronger, and closer together then they aren't the real deal.