Life As We Know It

Life As We Know It

Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Easter


We had a wonderful Easter weekend. On Sunday we went to my parents church (if you remember from last year it was the one we started going to while we were living with my parents and they go there now) We had to leave our house at 7:00 am to make it over the tunnel in time :) but Waters Edge Church had their Easter Egg drop , or one of them, at 8:30am. It is all Colin talked about all year and was very excited to go see the helicopter drop eggs again. He loved collecting the eggs and didn't realize there was candy inside until much later. Colin didn't want to go into the kids church so he stayed with us and loved the music. (We really love Waters Edge Church and wish we lived closer but we have found a really great church near our house with an amazing children's program. And I love the mothers bible study!) But after church we went over to my grandparents house for brunch. My cousins and uncle showed up for part of it and Colin loved playing football with the boys. In fact he played football all day with anyone who would play with him (mainly ant ant) It was a beautiful day and we loved being able to spend it with so much family. These are all pictures my sister took since right as the helicopter came my batteries died. Thanks sarah!Last week we dyed easter eggs and Colin thought that was fun - each egg had to have some green in it. Only he cracked most of them in the process. I opened up one of the hard boiled eggs to show him what was inside and he saw the yellow yolk and goes "WOAH..... big butt!!!" haha he thought it was the baby chicken's butt and was SO disappointed when I finished peeling the whole egg and it was just a round yellow ball and no baby. I tried to explain that the eggs we buy to eat don't have baby chickens or ducks in them but I'm not sure it registered. He looked at the carton of eggs in the fridge and asked me later "babies in there mommy?"

2 comments:

Julie said...

I LOVE the picture of Colin curled up in Brent's arms while he still has his helmet on. So precious!!!

Jen said...

what great pictures!! believe you me we're taking pictures as fast as we can! I can't believe she's almost 2 months! WOA! I can't wait to see your little one...when are you due again?