Life As We Know It

Life As We Know It

Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Big boys do it!

First off for those family members who have commented on Colin's need for a haircut - this is as close as we got the other day. One ice cream cone doesn't keep him still long enough and there are still a few areas to trim shorter but he looks cute as always.

Our beautiful Azaleas. I have waited all winter for these to bloom and its been excited to see what color they all are. The whole front and side of our house are azaleas and this weekend will be in full bloom. And you can see our NEW WINDOWS! They came Saturday and it was so exciting. I can finally open windows. We haven't even opened them yet since the pollen count has been really high and Saturday Colin and I were very congested since all the windows were taken out and I'm still wiping down all the pollen that blew in. But very exciting. It makes all our windows seem bigger and lets more light in which is great!


And this is where I was told "Big boys do it" Colin and I walked down the street to one of the playgrounds today. He chooses which one he wants to go to as there are three within easy walking distance (one of the reasons we picked this house) but I looked up and Colin was trying to jump off that ledge. I told him he that it was too high and he said "but mommy big boys do it and me big boy" and then proceeded to drop. He did fine so I took out the camera from my bag and caught him doing it again. He was so proud of himself. Shouldn't be a surprise since he loves to jump and climb. He likes to jump off his little climber in the back yard - which is only a foot or two off the ground - and the whole time I have to say "everyone get ready for the best jumper in the world to jump" and then he jumps. And I have to do it over and over and he jumps over and over. Makes for great afternoons naps! We were at one of the other playgrounds this weekend and met another 3 year old in our neighborhood - very exciting - but he didn't want to do half of what Colin did on the playground. The other parent commented how we really do have a daredevil on our hands!

3 comments:

Julie said...

a very cute daredevil!!!! So fun, and that is awesome about the new windows... I love the pink flowers everywhere, they are beautiful!!!

Jen said...

thanks for the comment!! and good thing those contractions were a false alarm!! i never got braxton hicks, and i'm sort of glad...i might have freaked!

Mary said...

the front yard looks amazing!!!!!!!!!!