Life As We Know It

Life As We Know It

Tuesday, April 07, 2009

Baby is getting bigger!



Since I took a picture of Colin at 6 months I figured I should take one now. And I still probably deleted half of the ones Brent took :) This baby is getting bigger almost every day. I went for a walk tonight and felt what I think was his head trying to push his way out of my stomach. I know Colin did that too but I think it was much later. Colin loves his baby brother and thinks being a big brother is great right now. He will come up and ask if the baby is playing soccer today and want to feel him kick (since thats what this baby is playing when he kicks) Colin is always telling the baby "make a hole and come out" We told him soon.
And I thought I'd leave you with a view of Colin's garden. He has planted pumpkins, sunflowers, and watermelon. (he picked them out) I was sure they wouldn't grow but they are doing great and look better than the hundreds of seeds Brent is growing in our other window sills. I guess seeds like to be shaken and over watered and talked to by an almost 3 year old. Colin is very proud and checks them every day.

9 comments:

Brent and Abigail said...

For the record... his seeds were about 8 times the size of mine when they were planted. Therefore they are huge when they germinate!

Jamie said...

LOVE the one of Colin kissing your belly!!!!

Unknown said...

Colin has the green thumb! Future farmer?

sarah said...

brent, for the record - it doesn't sound like YOU are watering or talking to your plants. didn't you read all those studies about talking and playing music causes plant growth!

it also doesn't matter the size of the seed, it's the plant.

mary Gouger said...

you make a very cute prego lady

Julie said...

YOU ARE BEAUTIFUL! Seriously!!! So cute to see the pictures of you all together...

Kristin said...

thanks for finally posting some belly pics! You are lucky that you are a cute prego lady!

Jen said...

okay, i just LOVE that story! "make a hole and come out!" SO CUTE!!! thank you so much for your comment....it's so encouraging to me. behind all these sweet pictures can be one overwhelmed mama at times! can't wait to see your little guy's debut! Oh- and i can COMPLETELY relate with deleating all the pictures that were taken of you! I STILL do that...I'm like no no, please hold the camera at this angle, with the flash. We pregnant and post pregnant people need all the help we can get!!

Bringing Up Boys said...

LOVE the pics of you and Colin! Your pregnant belly is adorable :).