Life As We Know It

Life As We Know It

Wednesday, March 12, 2008

Snowshoe

This past weekend Brent and I left Colin and went on his company ski trip. It was the first time I had left Colin for a night - let alone a whole day! Aunt Angela came and watched him until my parents got home from work and from what I hear he had a great time with everyone. (except he did give AJ - James and Angela's dog - a concussion with his drum sticks but AJ is doing well now from what I hear) We didn't get to Snowshoe until 11pm and had to go on these awful windy back roads in the fog. There were times I didn't think we were going to make it and we couldn't pull over or turn around as we were on narrow windy mountain roads. But we eventually made it. I dont think I've ever been so scared. And then I had the whole weekend to worry about getting off the mountain! ha! Before we went I had dreams of just sleeping a TON since I haven't slept for 2 years - Colin is getting better and sleeping through the night more consistently but a whole weekend to sleep late and not worry about getting up with him was something I was looking forward to. Unfortunately that didn't happen. I developed a cold during the weekend which kept me from sleeping very well and I guess my body is so used to getting up around 6 that it doesn't know how to sleep in anymore so I didn't get the sleep I wanted. Brent on the other hand can sleep anywhere for as long as he wants.... not fair. But other than that it was a great weekend. Brent and I had a fun time skiing together.
It was the first time we had skied together and Brent is very good. He doesn't think so but he kept flying down the mountains and I was the slow one snowplowing my way down the slope. It was very foggy, windy, and sleeting/snowing half the time we were skiing and I was so afraid I'd fall and break something because of all the ice patches. But neither of us fell! I did get stuck on the ski lift and had to get them to stop it to let me off - sad to say that isn't the first time I have gotten stuck. We did love the fact that we could go into our lodge after skiing instead of having to drive home. That was wonderful and if we go skiing in the future i think we'll definitely do that. I got to know some of the people Brent works with better and also got to hang out with their wives. A very fun group of people to be around the more we get to know them. The sun came out Sunday morning so we were able to get off the mountain. We even stopped by our home in WV to clean and do some yard work so hopefully someone will buy our cute house this weekend! We had a great weekend but I was very glad to get back to our sweet little boy.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

AJ is good now...but I have this awesome pre-concussion picture I might post! :-)Glad you guys had fun! I want to go skiing!