Life As We Know It

Life As We Know It

Wednesday, March 21, 2018

This is Six

Six years ago our lives changed in the most beautiful way.  I always tell Norah she's my best girl and she always replies back that I'm her best mommy.  
So much sweetness and sass in one little girl.  
The other night Norah was showing Brent how she can do a handstand and she fell and scraped her nose up pretty bad.  She didn't complain about the hurt (it was bad and she had the biggest blood blister ever the next day inside her lips) All she cried about was how ridiculous she looked.  "I look RID-DUCK-OOO-LES"  I'm soaking in the cute ways she pronounces things because I know that wont last too much longer. 

That same night I wasn't completely sure she hadn't broken her nose so I let her go to sleep in my bed. She eventually ends up in our bed every night so I thought I'd save a step for her and keep an eye on her.  Sometime around  3 or 4am she woke up, rolled over and put her arm around me and snuggled close whispering  "I love you mommy" 

For her birthday we went and got donuts before school and ate them for lunch. This girl eats a few small bites out of her lunch each day.  She will come home and finish the rest of her lunch as soon as she gets off the bus.  On her birthday she finished off 2.5 donuts before lunch was over.



At the last minute I got tickets to take Norah to the aquarium for their mermaid Mondays. Since her birthday fell on a Monday it was perfect for a little birthday fun.  I got tickets that morning for Norah, Joel and I. Colin didn't want to go but Joel wanted to go and see how they did it.  




I thought it was way overpriced for what we saw but Norah loved every minute of it and it made her birthday very special. And she now is fully convinced mermaids are real.


For this mermaid Norah asked her how she was able to be out of the water.  The mermaid said that she has to be carried because she cant walk and that she will have to go back into water every so often.  Then a worker came a little later to carry her out of the room and Norah's eyes grew wide because obviously the mermaid was telling the truth.




Joel enjoyed it too because he could see the sharks and he loved petting the rays. He could probably have done without all the mermaids but it was still fun for him.
Then we came home and she opened presents and played for a little bit.  She said it was the best day.


Happy Birthday Sweet Girl! Its so fun to see the world through your eyes. 



No comments: