Life As We Know It

Life As We Know It

Thursday, April 12, 2018

Easter Egg Hunt Birthday Party

A few weeks ago we celebrated Norahs birthday with an Easter egg hunt. We had a rain date scheduled but earlier that week they were predicting snow showers. It was a little cold and we all bundled up but the sun was shinning.

 The kids helped me stuff around 700 eggs. I know my kids and an Easter egg hunt is more fun when their baskets are overflowing.
I was going to dress up like the Easter Bunny to surprise Norah but she saw me looking up costumes and said it was too creepy and she didn't want him coming to her party.  In fact she keeps asking me to delete this picture off my phone.  So its a good thing the Easter Bunny didn't arrive to terrify her!


 We were about to start the Easter Egg Hunt when a mom of a girl in Norah's class called and said they were 7 minutes away. So we started to play Red light Green Light instead to keep the kids from gathering up all the eggs.
 Then they all started to chase Colin.  Lots of fun - screaming giggling kids...


And then shortly after this two girls wiped out completely in a puddle of water. (Greg, one of the dads, told me at the end that he died laughing watching it all go down and his storytelling is pretty funny) At that moment the mom and girl we were waiting on showed up so I missed the wipe out.  Becca was one of the girls and lost a shoe in the mud. Sarah went and got it out. Then Becca went the rest of the time wearing Heathers shoes and Heather went barefoot. I didn't know until it was all over and I kept thinking that Beccas feet had really grown! ha!  The other girl was soaking wet. Poor Colin felt so bad he gave all his eggs to the girls.  Even though it really wasn't his fault.

The kids all noticed the girl we were waiting on was there so the egg hunt started and was over in minutes.  I should also mention the mom that was late I had never met before. She dropped off her two girls and then left.  Told me to call her when it was over. And one of her daughters I didn't even know her name. But no name girl did tell me at the end that it was a really fun party - probably because she consumed her entire basket of candy before she was picked up! So between the girls getting wet and the late girl's mom just leaving it was a little stressful for me.  But Norah loved it and that's all that matters





 Sweet girls - we miss Elizabeth living next door to us! but I'm glad they've stayed friends.

No comments: